There is something about the smell of freshly baked chocolate chip cookies that makes any home feel warm and inviting.
When I was selling my condo, I would be sure to bake a fresh batch of these chocolate chip cookies before the viewings. It just makes it feel more like home. (I actually read somewhere that the smell of chocolate chip cookies triggers fond, happy memories).
Chocolate chip cookies are also the Mister's kryptonite (who also likes to see himself as Super Man!) Guaranteed when I make this, all 3 dozen are devoured within 24 hours.
I'm sure, like me, you've looked around and found dozens upon dozens of chocolate chip cookie recipes. This is the recipe that works best for me. I've played around with the white and brown sugar ratios, the amount of butter, and even adding an additional egg every now and then, but this is finally the way I like my chocolate chip cookies the best. They are not too heavy, crisp around the edges and soft and chewy in the centre - the perfect balance in my opinion. In fact, I often bake these cookies and bring them to friends as a hosting gift. Who is going to say no to chocolate chip cookies?!!?! Plus, they make the perfect midnight snack - paired with a tall glass of milk, of course!
Crispy and Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookies
There is something about the smell of freshly baked chocolate chip cookies that makes any home feel warm and inviting.I actually read somewhere that the smell of chocolate chip cookies triggers fond, happy memories.
Makes: 3 dozen
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup room temperature unsalted butter
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the flour and baking soda; set aside.
- In another bowl, combine the butter with both sugars; beat on medium speed until fluffy.
- Add salt, vanilla, and eggs. Beat for about 1 minute until well mixed.
- Combine with flour mixture and stir in the chocolate chips.
- Drop heaping tablespoon-size balls of dough about 2 inches apart on baking sheets.
- Bake for 8 – 10 minutes or until cookies are golden around the edges