Growing up, I hated brussel sprouts.
And I mean H-A-T-E-D!
My aunt would always make them for us. She would boil them and they would be this soft, tasteless lump of green sitting in my plate. the kids would all come together to devise a plan to make these things go away.
Fast forward at least 15 years.
My brother and I were at a restaurant and the waitress recommended the brussel sprouts. We looked at each other, reminded of the version our aunt made us and turned up out nose. But the waitress insisted these were great. So we tried them.
These were not my aunt's brussel sprouts I grew up with!
These had flavour. A little bit crunchy. and mostly delicious.
I make these in the oven. They take no more than 20 minutes and are filled with flavour! believe me, even the most picky eaters will love this! (Trust me - I'm one of them!)
Crispy, Delicious Brussel Sprouts
- 2 lbs brussel sprouts, stems trimmed and halved
- 2 garlic cloves, roughly chopped
- 1/4 red onion, sliced
- salt and pepper to taste
- olive oil - drizzle
- freshly grated parmesan cheese
- preheat oven to 400
- toss all ingredients and spread on a baking sheet
- bake for 20 minutes, turning at the halfway mark to ensure even cooking
- top with freshly grated parmesan cheese before serving