Sometimes, all you need is a good comfort meal – regardless of the season.
This is the perfect recipe for those busy nights. Sometimes all you need is a dish that satisfies after a hard day at work. Not only is it the tastiest recipe for gnocchi I’ve used to date, but best of all, the slow cooker does most of the work for you!
The soft pillows of potato-y goodness that is gnocchi absorbs the flavourful short ribs perfectly – definitely a match made in heaven.
I love this recipe, not just because I love short ribs, but because I love using the slow cooker. It takes so little prep time and everything cooks while you’re out working or doing whatever the day brings. After a hard day at work, you come home to a hot, freshly cooked meal. Now all you have to do is boil the gnocchi – which takes all of 10 minutes, and dinner is served. What can be easier than that?!
Slow Cooker Beef Short Rib Gnocchi
- 5 lbs bone in beef short ribs
- ½ onion
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- 1 can beef gravy
- 6 dashes worchester sauce
- ½ teaspoon thyme
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- 1 package gnocchi
- Add all the ingredients (excluding the gnocchi) to a slow cooker and let cook for 8 hours.
- Once meat is finished cooking, shred the short ribs using 2 forks
- Follow your favourite gnocchi cooking instructions
- Add a meat and some gravy to a skillet and gently saute with gnocchi
- Top with black pepper and shredded parmesan if desired