If you’re anything like me, you honestly believe that tacos should never be restricted to one day of the week. Oh, if only every day could be Tuesday….
And it can!
A few weeks ago, I posted my recipe for slow cooker beef short rib gnocchi, and I got to thinking, this recipe is so easy, what else can I make with this.
When the weather gets hot and humid, as it has been for the past few days here in Toronto, there are two things I do not want to be doing:
1) Slaving away in a hot kitchen; and
2) Eating a hot, overly filling meal.
This shredded beef taco recipe is not only light, but the slow cooker does most of the work for you – you don’t even have to be at home, much less in the kitchen!
This is perfect to serve you guests when entertaining for dinner in your backyard! It’s a great alternative to barbequing when its too hot be in front of the grill. Simply set up a station and let you guests fill their tacos to their liking! (even those fussy eaters will be pleased!
Shredded Beef Short Rib Tacos
- 5 lbs bone in beef short ribs
- ½ onion
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- 1 can beef gravy
- 6 dashes worchester sauce
- ½ teaspoon thyme
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- 6 taco shell of you choice (I used soft corn shells)
- 2 plum tomatoes, diced
- 2-3 jalapeños, sliced
- 6 leaves green leaf lettuce, shredded
- Add all the ingredients (excluding the gnocchi) to a slow cooker and let cook for 8 hours.
- Once meat is finished cooking, shred the short ribs using 2 forks
- place taco shells in the oven for 2 minutes or until lightly crispy around the edges (or to your own liking)
- on your plate, fill taco shells with shredded beef short ribs, tomatoes, red onion, lettuce and jalapeños