While I love myself a good avocado toast, now that the weather is cooling down, avocado toast just doesn’t seem to cut it. The cooler weather has me craving something rich and savoury.
On these cooler months, I find myself tuning to something my family has been making for generations.
This grilled tomato toast takes very little work and is the perfect for an avocado toast alternative -or you can simply add this on top of you avocado toast to change things up!
With only 3 ingredients, this recipe still a great healthy alternative – or addition, to your breakfast.
2 vine tomatoes
1 garlic clove
Pepper sauce / Tabasco sauce (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 425ᵒ
2. Peel 1 clove of garlic and cut into 4 slices (lengthwise)
3. Slice tomato in half. Make 2 slits in each tomato and stuff with garlic slices
4. Grill tomatoes for 20 minutes
5. slice a few onions (to your taste)
6. Heat a small skillet and lightly fry onions with a teaspoon of oil. Add grilled tomatoes to the skillet and break the tomatoes up using your spatula. If you wish, add some pepper sauce or tabasco sauce to taste.
7. I like to spoon and serve this on 7 grain toast by itself or on top of your avocado toast!